Monday, December 31, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Happy New Year........... :-)

This year is going to be...... well, its going to be another year that will be filled with love and laughter, scareds and angers, friends and frustrations and many wonderful times. Its going to be a year that I really appreciate my family, my friends and others special people that keep me sane and laughing and treasuring the things that are important.

Its going to be a year that I look at the big picture, that I see beyond illness and when I do see the sad and difficult things, I am determined to be better than this past year in giving a listening ear, a crying shoulder and a needed smile and hug. I am going to actively look for the good, the smiles, laughter and light - the love that is all around.

This is going to be a good year. This IS going to be a good year.

This picture is one that "my three chickens" got together to have done for me......I think its about the most awesome Christmas present I have ever received! When I opened it on Christmas eve, many many emotions hit me and I was reduced to a puddle of mushy tears. I am so incredibly grateful that Steven is able to be with us in such apparent good health, despite having cancer, I am a grandma and my youngest daughter got to spend an simply wonderful week over Christmas with us all.

What a simply wonderful ending to one year and beginning to another. So many things to be thankful for, so many things to look forward to. So many opportunities and so many good memories, even if a good many of them were born of sadness.

May 2008 be simply the best year yet!

Love and light
Annie

No comments: