Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Penny


It's been a year today, 24th October. A year since Penny passed away. That just does not feel possible, it feels like yesterday and yet it feels like a lifetime.
I think of Penny so often and feel the effect of knowing her every day. She was one special lady who left wonderful, positive ripples through many people's lives and a very big empty spot. I miss her tremendously.
If you have not already read her blog, do so - its incredible. http://pensclc.blogspot.com/ and go and check out http://www.penniesforcancer.com/.
My heart goes out to Michael as well as Penny's family, her parents, sisters and children. No words can make it easier.......
A year. Wow.
Michael sent this memorial - it's going to be in the papers up there so I know he won't mind me putting it here - it says so much........

In my heart your memory lives
Always gentle, kind and true;
Each and every day, dear Penny,
I so often think of you.

You were my soul's companion,
And cannot be replaced,
And as I walk through life alone
I miss you more each day.

My dearest one, I loved you
In a very special way.
And if I had one lifetime wish
One dream that could come true,
I'd pray to God with all my heart
For yesterday and you.

As angels keep their watch up there,
Please, God, just let her know
That we down here do not forget,
We loved and miss her so

Michael, family and friends

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Annie-
I am amazed at how much empathy you have in your heart. You are dealing with your own son's illness yet have a magical way of reaching out and making other people's lives easier! We are all lucky you are in our lives!
xo-Lea